Careers at Wallop
We work with elite brands from all over the world, with a focus on travel and hospitality. We are experts in this field, and we strive to do creative work that executes on strategic goals. We’re always looking for people who are wired to do great work. Here you’ll be provided with a comfortable work environment, creative team, room to grow, extended Christmas holidays, and a competitive wage.
Send us your resume if you qualify for any openings – but we strongly encourage you to send us your resume on a periodic basis because we always compare them against our openings. We also want to hear from you, contractors: especially designers, developers, writers, photographers, and digital marketing strategists.
Wallop is seeking an experienced Web Developer to join our team. This is a full time position in the Gastown area. This is definitely not an entry level position.
You will be expected to take a leadership role in guiding the implementation of technology into our products and development workflow. You should be comfortable interfacing with C Level and senior management in our information gathering sessions with our senior leadership team to map the existing technical infrastructure. You’ll be doing the technical specs and aligning our marketing strategy with the business goals of our customers.
One of the most important characteristic we’ll looking for is attention to detail. The successful candidate will be religious about testing and QA. This means that when you close a ticket, it works, and is thoroughly tested. And being religious about this, you should foster this mindset in our culture.
Candidates with experience in a similar role will be preferred. We’re a small company, so you’ll be expected to wear many hats. You should be a self starter and be comfortable making decisions. We expect you to participate in information gathering and client meetings, contribute to technical and planning documents, and provide leadership on the technical side.
Please include a cover letter with your salary expectations. Benefits include extended health and dental.
- Experience developing for mobile devices
- Experience building responsive websites
- Lots of experience with debugging and browser based debugging tools
- Ability to optimize responsive websites to perform well across various screen sizes
- Understanding of responsive design, and pixelless CSS (percentages or ems)
- Experience with development frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Good grasp of data formats (JSON & XML) and AJAX
- Experience with WordPress and customizing plugins
- Solid problem-solving and coding skills
- LAMP stack development experience
- Client-side and server-side technology
- Version control experience (we use SVN)
- Understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility
- Functional knowledge of web standards, usability, and best practices
- Know your way around Photoshop and Illustrator
- Charm, civility, and basic communication skills
- Independently manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Email & phone étiquette
- At least 2 years working in an agency setting or similar
It would be nice if you had these:
- Know your way around a Mac
- Knowledge of SEO basics
- Basic .htaccess skills
- Experience with social media API’s
- Server management/configuration
We encourage all interested candidates to submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with attention to Stephen.
NO RECRUITERS OR STAFFING AGENCIES PLEASE.
We’re looking for a Contract Designer to help us out with overflow work and collaborate with on projects.
You will be planning and designing responsive websites in collaboration with our Creative Director. We’re looking for someone that’s equally adept at solving business problems through design as they are setting type.
The fundamentals of good design is agnostic to medium, and we prefer a contractor who is well rounded. Your work should be crafted with purpose and utility, and you will be expected to present work regularly to the internal team and clients alike. The ability to articulate ideas and communicate directly with clients is paramount.
You will be on our information gathering and discovery team, write creative summaries, assemble mood boards, build wireframes, design responsive websites, present work and collaborate with developers. You’ll often work on very interesting and unique products. You may have to stay in some of the nicest resorts in the world, but there are certainly worse things in life to ponder.
We want to make it clear that we’re not looking for a Dribbble super hero. We are looking for a person that looks at design holistically, uses it to solve real business problems, and is not bound by a single aesthetic or trend.
Please send a link to your portfolio, or the three latest projects you have worked on referenced with specifics about your role to email@example.com.
NO RECRUITERS OR STAFFING AGENCIES PLEASE.